Saturday 29 January 2011

Marsland Green - GC2MYNB

I found this one on a solo mission whilst on the way back from doing some birding at Pennington Flash. I'd read the description and clue beforehand, and so I didn't need to use my GPSr to find the location.

I've lived in Tyldesley for over 26 years, but I've never been down here before. The houses that back on to the canal are fantastic, some have patios on the canal bank and some have their own boats. I'd love to a house somewhere like this.

On the birding front, I've never seen so many house sparrows in one place before - in one garden next to the canal there must have been 25+ in just two trees, And in another nearby house there was a dovecote with some beautiful pure white doves in and around the garden.

Signed the tiny log - oops, I've dropped it in the canal (no I haven't, only joking!). A great little place.

No comments:

Post a Comment