Saturday 4 April 2009

Easter Jabberwocky Trail - An Egg Hunt Around Tyldesley

I've been working quite hard over the last few days to get my new set of caches ready for release on www.geocaching.com/

I've called it the Easter Jabberwocky Trail and it follows a circular route around where I live in Tyldesley, Greater Manchester.

The idea first came from my daughter Catherine's Drama homework in which she had to learn the Jabberwocky poem by Lewis Carrol off by heart. This proves without doubt that schools do teach our children a load of old nonsense!

From this grew the idea to make a series of caches all based on a verse from the poem, with the aim of finding the Jabberwocky at the end. With Easter coming up I decided to make the series a Jabberwocky Egg hunt to give it a seasonal slant. Each cache is hidden in a brightly coloured egg-shaped container although there are one or two 'bad eggs' thrown in just to make it all a bit more interesting.

I planned the cache route and hiding places with sarahjones65 today, and spent the rest of the day filling the contents of each container with the relevant stuff and creating the web pages on www.geocaching.com. Tomorrow I'll be setting the caches in place and when I've done that I'll be sending the details to a reviewer to activate just before we go to our caravan in Anglesey at about 10am.

So, with a bit of luck the Easter Jabberwocky Trail series will go live in the next couple of days, just in time for Easter - I hope at least a couple of cachers see it and decide to try it over the Easter Weekend.

Watch this space for more details and some additional help in solving the puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment