Sunday 26 April 2009

"Keen As"

First of the day with sarahjones65 - we'd not been caching for over a week so we just had to get out today. Unfortunately I was suffering badly from aches and pains after playing 90 minutes of football (only in goal) for the first time in nearly 20 years, so this cache was just what I was looking for - nice and easy and close to the car!

Normally I would have had a walk down to the fishing pond and had a good look round, but my legs wouldn't let me today, so Sarah went on alone whilst I hobbled back the car to checkout the next cache.

We took our pda phone with us to have a go at this paperless caching lark when normally we take reams of printed paper. Using iSilo as the reader after the gpx file had been converted using GPX Spinner and iSiloX, it was lot easier to handle in the field than I had thought. In fact I'd recommend this combination to everyone because you can carry around hundreds of cache locations with you wherever you go, without needing printouts. It even solves the hints for you.

A good start was made to today's expedition. By the way, I only got the point of the cache's name on the way back to the car. Nice one!

No comments:

Post a Comment