Sunday 26 September 2010

WWB 14 - Coronation Gardens - GC29PNG

After doing WWB 13, we emerged from the Alley into the beautiful village of Waddington. The footpath we were on actually continued across the road and on stepping stones over the river to GZ - wonderful. But we did not go there directly, deciding instead to have a look round the very picturesque Coronation Gardens which were pretty much still in full bloom despite being well into the month of September.


Around the gardens, over the little bridge and back towards GZ, Sarah led the way while I took a few photographs. By the time I got there, Sarah though she had looked everywhere but to no avail. There were two possible places it could be, but only one really bearing in mind the nature of the cache. Even I couldn't find it for a while, but after re-reading other people's logs about it falling down and being replaced, I decided to go over the location with a fine toothcomb. It was worth it because I eventually came up trumps after Sarah had just about given up.


We sat on the bench and signed the tiny log - there was no space for the date so we just left our names. Then I went to replace the cache container and this is where the trouble starts - look away now if you don't like conflict. I was on my knees and half upside down to replace the cache and when I got back up I heard a huge crunch - I'd walked on the brand new binoculars I'd only given Sarah this morning. The silly woman had left them on the floor whilst she was looking for the cache and being small and black I just hadn't seen them. She hadn't even picked them up after signing the log and so the air became blue with expletives because they had snapped in two and were clearly damaged beyond repair. We put the crumpled bits back into the bag with out speaking any further and Sarah marched off with the GPSr towards the next location.



Needless to say, we fell out big time for a while - it lasted until well after the next cache because I was so annoyed - unfortunately this took the edge off what was a really lovely place.

No comments:

Post a Comment