Saturday 19 November 2011

Purple Ninja - GC35GWZ


This was the third cache on our circular cycle route list for today. Just before we arrived at GZ, I was enthusiastically 'attacked' in a playful way by a large bulldog type dog (probably called Winston) whilst its owner pathetically ordered it to stop from a distance. I came to an abrupt halt when the dog got in front in my front wheel and stopped it, nearly bringing me off my bike. It was nothing serious, but it did cover parts of me in unwelcome mud which I tried to shake off, whist the owner made some less than convincing attempt at an apology.


When this little episode was over, Sarah and I continued towards the cache with me explaining why it was not a good idea for her to cycle alone along the canal towpath to work, just in case something like this happened and she ended up in the canal. We found the cache very quickly and then decided to alter our cycle route to avoid meeting the dog again.


These Ninja caches seem to be multiplying quite regularly as I'd already done some of the earlier ones a little closer to home in Tyldesley. They've been great for exploring this area by bike and, true to form, we found some more new places doing these caches today. We're looking forward to the next batch appearing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment