Saturday 4 July 2009

Bell and Buoy at Black Nose (Trwyn Du) - GCJ6OR

This was the second cache late on a summer's evening whilst out with sarahjones65 after leaving the sprogs back at the caravan. We'd just come from a successful find at Penmon Priory and as time was running out in terms of the light, we decided to drive down the road to Puffin Island instead of doing our usual walk. We could hear the familiar lighthouse bell clanking as soon as we got out of the car.

When we reached Penmon Point, the place was alive with fishermen and a few other visitors. The sun was setting quickly and so I decided to take advantage of the remaining light and take some pictures with my new DSLR camera, whilst Sarah headed off in search of the cache.

When I turned round she'd gone and was nowhere to be seen. I called out a couple of times with no reply, and so just headed off in the vague direction I thought she'd gone. It was not difficult to see how she had disappeared - the path was narrow and wandered up and down though areas where the vegetation was quite high. However, before long I could see her as she had stopped for something.

When I caught up, I found that Sarah had stopped at a rock and was decoding the clue as the GPSr was indicating an excursion into the nearby vegetation. There seemed to be a break in the vegetation and futher investigation revealed some items mentioned in the clue - this was the right spot. After a few minutes looking around I'd found the cache and collected a few nettles stings in the process.

As usual, Sarah did the business of signing the log and this time we took nothing except some photographs and left nothing except the happy memory that we'd found it :) On the way back I was glad I had taken some photos earlier as the sun had now sunk below the horizon and it was getting much darker. With two more earthcaches to do near here, we decided to get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment