Saturday 11 July 2009

Sailor's View - GC1R6FF

After successfuly finding the previous cache along the East Lancs Road in Tyldesley, I jumped in the car and headed for Pennington Flash in Leigh. This cache is located alongside Leigh Sailing Club on the banks of the Flash, hence it's name. I could see quite a few people sailing in the sunshine even from the road.

This is another fairly new cache which wasn't here when I was caching in this area earlier in the year. Being a magnetic nano it was an easy find - there was nothing much magnetic nearby except for a bench and this tied in nicely with the cache name.

I signed the log in the car as it's a bit fiddly to put the paper back in these nanos and I didn't want to drop it in the long grass outside. As I was returning the cache to its rightful place, I saw the flash of a yellow Garmin GPSr around the neck of a passing cyclist - he's a fellow geocacher I thought, and he'll be back when I've gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment