Friday 8 May 2009

Barton Square Nano - GC1JMVH

Fourth and last of the day on a solo mission in the Trafford Centre area. As with the previous Trafford Centre Nano cache, I had a printout from a few months ago with and I was unaware of the cache being archived. I'm just glad I can still log them both.

I knew what I was looking for and so I knew it had to be on something metallic - there was only one thing in the whole area that was suitable so I went straight to it. In about 30 seconds I'd found the cache and took it back to my car to sign the log. The original strip is full so I signed an extra bit added by a previous cacher.

When I came to replace the cache it wouldn't stick to the metal. I thought the whole container was magnetic. I had a look in my car and found that a small magnet similar in size to a watch battery had fallen out of the container when I opened it. I put the magnet in the bottom of the container and then it stuck back in place. I really didn't know this was how they worked!

Anyway, the cache is still there if anyone wants to go for it. Go late at night like I did, there's very few people about.


Check out this cache here: Barton Square Nano at www.geocaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment