Tuesday 26 May 2009

Nelson's Statue - GC15F4F

Just a quick solo mission before heading back home to England after spending a wonderful Bank Holiday in Anglesey weekend. I decoded the clue back at our caravan thanks to the extra help provided.

I'd walked past this cache before on my way to another further down the Menai without knowing it was there. The tide was out and so Nelson was well exposed (ooh - er missus!) and I had a good look around the statue. Lots of oyster catchers on the banks of the Menai and the view of Britannia Bridge was superb.

I found the cache quite easily, signed the log and took the Travel Bug which had only just been put their earlier today. Then I went back to the churchyard to have a quick look around. I found a bench but couldn't see the original name mentioned in the puzzle. I did come across a large imposing grave monument to workers who had died in building Britannia Bridge in the 1840's. Quite a well placed and fitting memorial overlooking the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment