Sunday 28 August 2011

Blue Ninja - GC2XZZB

I went out geocaching by bike again today as this group of four Ninja caches have recently appeared close to my home. Although I have lived in this area for over 28 years, I have never found the time or had the inclination to wander around these footpaths before. However, my relatively new hobbies of birdwatching and geocaching have given me the incentive to do this now, and they have opened my eyes to this wonderful area of countryside so close to my home.

I started off by riding along the paths at the back of the Gin Pit sports and social club until I met Squires Lane, which I followed until it became a public footpath through the fields which met Miller's Lane. Here I turned right and soon I had come to the route of the old railway line which is now a wooded path. It took me longer than expected to find the csche, even though I had an idea of where it was almost immediately - the woodland camouflage was excellent.

After taking a couple of pictures of the area, I was on my way to the next one. A great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment