Saturday 20 August 2011

Firebolt 2 - GC2TC4C

Today I was out geocaching by bike for the first time and, after a successful find at Pirate's Path which is also in Lilford Woods, I checked my 'phone for other caches in the area. This cache was a bonus as I didn't know it was here before I set off.

I started by cycling along the lower path through the woods and avoided the temptation of diving into the trees the moment my GPSr arrow changed direction as I knew the path turned back on itself a little further on. This proved to be the right move as the cache was located only a few metres off the top path.

Unfortunately, being on my bike I had not brought a pencil with me and there wasn't one in the cache container, so I just had to take a photograph of the box to prove that I found it.

A great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment