Saturday 6 February 2010

Moooo ! BOGOF - GC1WK7D

I did this cache after first doing 'Cow Climbing' as many have done before and many will probably do in the future - they make a nice little pair. The footpath was a lot wetter than the previous one and so wellies or very good boots are recommended - I had neither and so I got wet feet. In some parts I wasn't sure where to go and I ended up on the wrong side of the hedge at one point, but it wasn't difficult to cross back - just stick to the left of the hedge all the way to the top.

My PDA battery ran out on the way up and so I lost access to the clue and description - I hadn't prepared well for my first foray into geocaching since just before Christmas. However I had read the details this morning and so things started to come back to me when I got to GZ. I found the cache easily and did the admin whilst taking a cute little Koala Bear keyring. Then I set about taking some photos, including ones of the radio masts and water towers.

From here you can see Winter Hill and Mecca for some (Reebok Stadium), but it was too bright and hazy to see much in the direction of Cheshire, Meseyside and North Wales. Whilst taking the photos I was wondering where the trig point mentioned in description (and hence the cache name) was located - for a long time I couldn't see it until I looked over the hedge. I hadn't remembered that bit!

This is a great little place and I'll probably come back to get a clearer view sometime in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment