Tuesday 16 February 2010

Poetry Please - St Giles-in-the-Fields - GC1D3FT

With some time on my own whilst on a family trip to London over half term, I decided to do some caching - unfortunately the day turned out to be very wet and miserable and so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. I got soaked whilst doing my first cache of the day, and so I returned to the St. Giles Hotel for a shower and change of clothes.
Feeling a lot better and with the weather improving slightly, I did a little sight-seeing on the way to this nearby cache. London is just one of those amazing places where everywhere you look is somewhere famous. The street names in particular trigger so many memories on things read in literature, heard on the news or seen in films and on TV. It's like walking through a complete history of England through the ages, even though it's only one small part of it. I found the church quickly and was lucky there were only pigeons to watch me search for the cache and sign the log. Then off for some more sight-seeing and another cache. Ahh - the big city!

No comments:

Post a Comment