Tuesday 16 February 2010

aiii que dolor - GCG42B

I found this one very confusing as I hadn't read the hint properly - I spent ages walking round the sqaure looking at the blue plaques, which although quite impressive was not a pleasant experience due to the miserable weather. This must have been an awesome place in the past, but today I just wanted to find the cache and get dry! I got so wet that I had to return to the St. Giles Hotel (which fortunately was just round the corner) for a shower and change of clothes. Whilst there I re-read the description and hint and realised I hadn't been looking in the right place.With renewed vigour I set off out again determined on success, and within a few minutes I had found the answer to the first question - the second took slightly longer and I do hope I've got it right! A very interesting place (on a dry day).

This type of cache is called a virtual cache which means it's just an interesting location with no container to find - these caches have now been banished from http://www.geocaching.com/ which is a real shame because I think that they have a place. I am getting worried that we geocachers are littering the world with small plastic containers and that's going against the ethos of this sport. Virtual caches are available on a splinter website (http://www.waymarking.com/) as 'waymarks', but I'd rather they were part of the main geocaching website.

No comments:

Post a Comment