Saturday 6 February 2010

Site of disaster (Pretoria Pit) - GC1YG7D

I found this one today on my second visit here - I didn't really count my first attempt (just before Christmas) as a DNF because when I got to GZ it was too dark to see what I was doing. I'd had a quick look (in the right place) but gave up when I ended up with several handfuls of mud and leaves.

Today I just went straight back to it and found the cache without even turning the GPSr on. I'd visited the memorial last time (what a shame it's so small and easily missed) and so I made this visit a quick cache and dash before heading onto the next two caches up Plodder Lane.

Here's a picture of the memorial stone I took in the failing light on my previous visit:

TFTC SL - I took a small badge and then found I had nothing suitable to leave -sorry 'bout that.

No comments:

Post a Comment