Sunday 6 February 2011

I'm a "Lumber" Jack and I'm OK - GC2KXEF

This was to be the last cache of the day in a set of seven for Sarah and me - I say 'was to be' but it actually wasn't as we'd failed to find one of the previous caches and would have to go back for it on our way home - we can't bear DNF's!

Sarah knew Lumber Lane and so we got to GZ without using the GPSr, only turning it on for the final few metres. After reading the hint it was a fairly straightforward find. Although I'm actually a United Fan (don't mention Wolves today), I would have liked to have gone to see where Alan Ball used to live, but the cache we hadn't found earlier was calling us back for another look.

So we took the Loopline footpath back under the bridge which carries the East Lancs and headed back to the car.

Pictures to follow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment