Sunday 6 February 2011

A Small Series 5 - Board Walk Fiend - GC2N7JM

And so into the latter part of this series. I've driven down the East Lancs Road for over 25 years and never knew that this footpath or boardwalk existed - but I guess that's true of so many of us who just go about our daily business without noticing the things on our own doorstep.

It took a few minutes to work out what the numbers in the hint meant, and we found could interpret them in two main ways. As it turns out, my first guess was right, but I didn't inspect the area carefully enough and so went off in another direction. When this yielded no result, we returned to my first suggestion and on closer inspection I realised where the cache was - another clever hide.

I let Sarah remove the cache container and do the admin (so kind of me) whilst I swanned off taking pictures and looking for birdies. I saw a Chaffinch. a Great Tit and a Blue Tit in the reedy swamp area which the boardwalk overlooks. A nice little place.

No comments:

Post a Comment