Sunday 6 February 2011

A Small Series 6 - Boris' Place - GC2N7JX

So Sarah and I finally reached the last cache in the Small Series after a short but pleasant walk down the steps and through the trees which follow the old Tyldesley to Worsley Loopline.

We could see this structure which spans the water-filled gulley from quite a way off, and were very glad to read that we didn't need to cross it to find the cache.

Sarah spotted the general whereabouts of the cache location fairly quickly, but after a few minutes of searching, I couldn't find it. I knew it must be in there somewhere, but I retreated to let her have a look. She found it quickly and when I saw what it was, I explained why I thought it was called Boris. WHO knows, I might be wrong.

I took some pictures of Sarah as she sat outside Boris' place signing the log and then we set off to do one last cache at Lumber Lane which is not in this series, but which is close by.

Postscript:

We knew we still had to return to number 2 in this series and as it's a linear trail we'd be walking back past it to get back to the car. On our way back past this location we met fellow cacher Tech17 (Andy Evans) who was just about to look for Boris. We chatted for a while about caching, his Garmin Chirp devices and Ham Radio and then we asked him if he'd found number 2 in this series. He had, and he was more than happy to give us some useful hints about where it was - we knew then that we'd been looking at it but not seen it.

Leaving Andy to get on with finding Boris, we set off to visit number 2 again, and heard him squeal (with either horror or delight) when he found him! He later rejoined us at the location for number 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment