Thursday 24 February 2011

Tom the Tank Engine - GC2GWAN

I found this cache whilst out doing some birding in the Ladybridge and Deane area. Having just seen some Waxwings near the Ladybridge Community Centre, I was given directions by a local out with his dog about how to get to the Middlebrook Trail. Using these directions I parked by Deane church and made my way down Deane Clough towards GZ.

Finding the cache was fairly straightforward using the clever hint. After doing the admin I carried on walking along the brook towards Ladybridge. I saw a Grey Heron, a male Teal and the bird I was looking actually looking for, a Dipper. It shot along the brook like a bullet in a straight lne just a foot above the water making its distinctive call. I didn't manage to see a Kingfisher though.

So two for the price of one of this trip - great place!

Photos to follow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment