Sunday 22 February 2009

The Canal Duke's Legacy


This was to be a quick cache and dash for my fourth and last mission of the day with sarahjones65. After leaving Drywood Avenue, we drove down Worsley Road and parked outside Owen Knox's Estate Agent's shop for the rich and expensive houses.

This cache had only appeared during the last week - it wasn't here when we were exactly in this location last week and I was quite disappointed not to have been the first to log it. I need to get my new cache notification system working as soon as possible now I've done a few caches.

Earthcaches are not caches at all - they are simply areas of interest geologically or geographically. The cacher has to visit the location, get some information from it to answer some questions and take a picture of the area and then e-mail or log these for the cache owner to verify that the cache has been visited.

This particular cache has question about coal and the geology of the area. Unfortunately, not all the answers are on the information board at the location but I thought I could answer the questions from my own geological knowledge - smartarse! Gee, I hope I get them right after setting myself up like that!

Anyway, we read the board, took the picture and jumped back in the car to get back home for bacon butties with the kids who must have got up by now! Another pleasant morning spent caching with my lovely wife - shame we've both got work tomorrow.

TFTC

No comments:

Post a Comment