Wednesday 18 February 2009

Dog Kennel


This was my second cache today having done Dam Cache a little further downstream earlier. Everything was going to plan until I found the Police Dog signs. My GPS pointed somewhere in the middle of the field, but I knew it couldn't be there.

The only places that seemed to be likely for hiding something were all on the other side of the barbed wire fence. As the signs were a good three metres inside this fence, and bearing in mind what they were warning about as well the gun targets I could see, I decided (very wisely in my opinion) not to climb the fence and venture inside.

I decided the cache must be in some evergreen vegetation overhanging the fence in a couple of places and so I concentrated all my efforts in rooting around in there. No luck!

I went back to the signs and tried to look down on the ground in line with the sign. There were some rotting logs just inside the fence and I did my best to search them, getting scratched and prickled numerous times in the process. Still no luck and it was getting late.

After a quick look round the nearby stile area and another hedge nearby, I gave up and set off for home, disappointed as I must have been pretty close. I may return on another day.

Check out this cache here: Dog Kennel at Geocaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment