Wednesday 18 February 2009

Plodder Lane


Another solo mission today as the missus was having her hair done. This one took much longer than it should have done because I put the wrong co-ordinates into my GPS. In the style of Eric Morcambe I had all the right numbers but not necesarilly in the right order (you'll have to be of a certain age to get that one).

Strangely, I was on the right road but in the wrong place by about a quarter of a mile, and there was also an item mentioned in the clue near here too! There was even a public footpath nearby which is common to many caches. It's funny how you can talk yourself into believing that you're in the right area! Anyway I wasn't, good job I brought a printout of the web page with me - I checked the co-ords, re-entered them into the GPS and then drove down the road a little further. After driving a little too far I backed up and parked in a layby.

I found the item mentioned in the clue and finding the cache was easy from there on. But damn, the previous geocacher had beat me to the TB after all that - nevermind, it was a nice view from the road.

TNLN SL TFTC

Check out this cache here: Plodder Lane at Geocaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment