Sunday 8 February 2009

Hibernaculum


Pennington Flash is one of my favourite places in the Leigh area and so I was really looking forward to another one of Muttoneer's interesting caches. I set off for this one on my own as Sarah was otherwise engaged with a visiting friend. It was a cold, frosty but sunny February morning as you can see from the pictures.

I parked in my usual place in the free car park and walked down familiar paths until the Flash came into view. It was partially frozen and the ducks, swans and seagulls were standing on the ice in many places. It didn't take long to find the cache, a small airtight container in a drawstring cammoflage bag, and the coordinates were almost spot on on my GPS.

I took the cache back to a small bird-watching hide a short distance from it's location and wrote in the log book. I took a Blackpool Tower geocoin and left a small fluffy orange and purple gonk. After returning the cache to it rightful place, I carried on for a short circular walk back to the car, taking pictures on the way.

Happy that I'd found another cache I went off to the retail park in Leigh to buy some airtight containers for a couple of caches I plan to hide in the near future.

Check out this cache here: Hibernaculum at geocaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment