Saturday 14 February 2009

REALLY Sidetracked: West Leigh


3rd cache visited today with sarahjones65. On the site of a former railway station (now a college building), this cache proved to be one of most interesting we've found to date. We parked in the Retail Park and hopped across the road to where the GPS was indicating. We couldn't see anywhere obvious to hide something.

A quick look at the clue and I knew we were in the right place, but we still couldn't see anywhere to hide something. Sarah started moving further and further away from where the clue suggested it was, but I was convinced of where it should be. Then I had a brainwave - try feeling for it in places I couldn't easily see. The moment I did this I virtually put my fingers on it straightaway. It was very small (apparently a nanocache) and magnetic - how crafty!

Our fingers fumbled at opening the small screw container to reveal the log book which was tightly coiled and surprisingly dry. We signed it and replaced it whilst dodging muggles and funny looks. Then on to the next cache ...

Checkout this cache here: REALLY Sidetracked: West Leigh at Geocaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment