Sunday 29 March 2009

Dragonfly Stump

Second cache of the day with sarahjones65, who was in total charge of planning the route today. Because I didn't have a clue exactly where we were going, I just followed her lead. From the location of the last cache, I had thought we were doing a towpath trail along the canal - not today it seems. We crossed back over the main road from the canal near Moses Gate and into a reclaimed landfill site with warnings about not touching the soil or water in this area at its entrance - hmmm!

Then we walked across the lumpy field up to some woods, where Sarah decided we should be on the other side of them. She scrambled down the wooded slope and found a path at the bottom. Only when I was sure she knew this was right did I follow.

We had actually gone a long way round to get to a point we could have reached easily from the previous cache - nevermind, it all adds to the fun!

This cache was an easy find just off the footpath in a part of Moses Gate Country Park I'd never been to before. I thought the Park was just the area around the lakes and fishing lodges - I didn't realise it continued on the other side of the main road. I learn something new with nearly every cache.

Check out this cache here: Dragonfly Stump at http://www.geocaching.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment