Saturday 28 March 2009

My First Cache - The Dead Centre of Leigh?

Yes, I've gone and done it - I've hidden my first geocache! It's a quick 'cache and dash' along a public footpath with car parking within easy reach.

Of course I can't tell you too much more about it because the idea is for you to go to http://www.geocaching.com/ and get the details. What I can tell you is that it's called The Dead Centre of Leigh? and it's a regular sized flip-top plastic box containing a Snoop Dog Travel Bug, a party popper for the FTF (first to find) to pull in celebration and all the normal other stuff including a log book and pencil. I've also put it in a camouflage bag just to make it that little harder to find and to try to keep it dry.

At the moment the cache description with location coordinates is awating a reviewer from http://www.geocaching.com/ to check that everything is OK and so it should be available for viewing in a couple of days. I'll be announcing it here with the web address when I know its gone 'live'.

Postscript - Yeay - it's been published tonight!

Check out this cache here: The Dead Centre of Leigh at www.geocaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment