Sunday 15 March 2009

Fore - The Towpath Trail


I've been very busy doing a project for work over the last two weeks and, much to my dismay, I've had to put my geocaching activities on hold. Inspite of not having finished all my work, I decided it was time to resume today and so off I went this morning with sarahjones65 to do the first part of Lollybob's Towpath Trail along the Leeds-Liverpool Canal in Leigh.

Parking the car in the nearby Pasonage Retail Park, we walked across the road to the canal after confirming with a little old lady that we could get to the canal this way. Whilst crossing the concrete bridge we had a quick look at the fisherman with endless patience sitting in hope on the canal bank.

The morning had started well and we found this cache quite easily, almost as soon as we had got started along the towpath. We had to wait for some muggles on canal boats to slowly sail past before we could sign the log and replace the cache, but the signs were good for a pleasant morning's caching.

Little did we know that this would turn out to be Black Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment