Sunday 22 March 2009

Water Tower


Today, sarahjones55 and I tackled six caches in the Westhoughton and Chequerbent areas. I had been to two of the caches previously and recorded DNF's (did not find) and so I did not have high hopes of finding them today as the no-one else had found them since. But as we were in the area I thought we'd have a quick look.

We started at the Water Tower, a wonderfully round building that's now a house but was once something to do with the water board. Actually the cache is a little further up the road, along a public footpath, but this is the best landmark in the area.

The Farmer was in his tractor working in the adjacent field as we left the car for the footpath. There were also plenty of muggles about walking their dogs or just having a stroll. Because I'd been before, I let Sarah do all the work and use the GPS and clue to see if she came up with a different location to me. She didn't and soon we were scratting around in the undergrowth around GZ just like I'd been doing a few weeks ago.

No luck here then, and so we gave up quite quickly and decided to e-mail the owner for a maintenance check.



Check out this cache here: Water Tower at www.geocaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment