Wednesday 12 August 2009

Banana Bonaza - GC1V3QZ

Wey-hey my 100th find whilst out in Anglesey with sarahjones65 - a milestone! This was our second visit here as the first time we'd come with the wrong co-ordinates. Actually we had the right co-ordinates but they'd been changed since we got our printout due to high muggle activity. So today we returned with the new ones. The funny thing was, we still had the original hint in our mind and this put us off for a few minutes.

Anyway, after a about ten minutes of searching I found the cache and brought it back to the bench to sign the log. We took a coastguard keyring and magic trick and left a Crash Bandicoot game. Sarah took a picture of me sitting on the bench with a banana (geddit?) and just as we were finishing a couple of muggles turned with their kids who started throwing stones into nearby puddles. As the cache location was right in their line of sight, we sat on the bench pretending to be bird watchers whilst waiting for them to go - they didn't.

Actually the bird watching turned out to be pretty good - we saw curlew, oystercatchers, gulls, some smaller birds that we couldn't identify and a pure white egret. I'll be coming back here with my camera on another day. Anyway, back to the muggles - after about 10 minutes it became obvious that they weren't for leaving and so I asked Sarah to start up the car and distract them (the kids were playing close where we had parked) whilst I returned the cache. She did this and it partially worked, but I'm not sure if they saw what I was doing - I hope not as it seems that this cache has had enough trouble with muggles in the past.

A successful result, a great place for bird watching and a convenient bench to sit on - what more could I want for my 100th find?

No comments:

Post a Comment