Wednesday 5 August 2009

Nanna's Treasure Chest - GC1WP9N

Yey, another FTF in Pennington Flash and my first in August. I got up with the mikmen to make sure I got this one today after having seen it was available last night. It was a beautiful summer's morning with the sun shining and the birds singing. When I got to the Flash the lower car park was shut - I've never been here this early before! So I drove round to the Pay and Dismay car park ( I can remember when this used to be free) and left my car there before romping off up the footpaths whilst praying no-one had beaten me to it.

I found the cache quite easily - strange that Nanna's favourite place is under some bricks amongst the trees :) - and took it back to the nearby bird watching hide to do the admin. I took the geocoin and FTF badge and left a Spanish Easter Egg Geocoin and a Crash Bandicoot game after signing the logbook.


Postscript:
After reading Foinavon's log which followed mine at www.geocaching.com, I got really worried that I hadn't put the Spanish Easter Egg geocoin in the cache - so I shot back down to Pennington Flash this afternoon to check it out. I decided to look if I'd left it in the bird watching hide first, as this was where I'd signed the log and refilled the cache container. When I got there I found John Stead filling in the log for his find of this cache. I asked him if he'd found the geocoin and he said that he had and then showed it to me. I felt very relieved as I wouldn't have liked to have been responsible for losing someone elses geocoin. I don't know why Foinavon didn't see it there, perhaps he thought it wasn't a geocoin due to its egg shape?

John and I then had a very pleasant chat about geocaching and things, and I quickly learnt he's something of a veteran expert compared to me. After replacing the cache with me standing guard, John went off to do the nearby BYAKUYA and I went off to look for Kid Glove in Golborne. A very nice man and I look forward to meeting him again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment