Wednesday 5 August 2009

In The Sticks - GC1R6DP

I found this one after coming back a second time for a better look. This time I had some proper shoes on and long trousers - I'd learnt my lesson last time!

I drove all the way down to the further of the two small car parks by the fishing pond. The road down there was very interesting due to last night's heavy rain - I wasn't sure how deep some of the ruts and potholes in the road were because they were filled with water - so I just gritted my teeth and went for it!

There were three people fishing and I got some puzzled looks when I turned up without a fishing rod or a dog. As I'd been here before, I just headed to where I thought the cache was supposed to be. I gave up looking last time because I got stung by nettles and the 'sticks' were very unstable with several poking through my open-toed sandals. More fool me!

This time I found the camo bag without much problem and was quite surprised to find the log book very wet when everything else seemed dry. I tried a pencil and then a biro and finally a felt-tipped pen to sign the log - the first two just turned the page to papier-mache. Anyway, the felt-tipped pen worked a treat and so that's a useful 'tip' to remember for the future.
After replacing the cache I had a quick look round the area and took some pictures before returning happily to the car.

Took the NASA Space Shuttle and vehicle - I left my swops in the car and forgot about it - sorry :(

No comments:

Post a Comment