Tuesday 18 August 2009

Whodunnit? NWCMM August 2009 - GC1V2K4

Last night Sarah and I went to our very first North West Cachers monthly meeting (NWCMM) event which was held at the Toby Carvery in Lowton. The evening was organised by Muttoneer (Mike) who had produced a very detailed Whodunnit Murder Mystery to be solved.

He'd obviously put a lot of hard work into this and I'm sorry to say that I didn't give it my best attention as I was so pleased to meet and talk to the other cachers - I only know them from their logs and comments in the NWC forum.

Needless to say we had a great night and met lots of interesting people each with their own caching tales to tell. John_Stead was the only cacher who I'd met previously whilst out at Pennington Flash. We talked to Clotguy and family, JanW, PopUpPirate, Pete(Numbers), the ManUmaniacs and Mr and Mrs Muttoneer with baby Meredith. It was I who first found Meredith's Geocoin which Mike released when she was born, and Sarah took it up to Newcastle to drop it off in a cache there.

We even managed to grab a few Travel Bugs whilst we were there - John's Smart Roadie cachemobile car (shown below) and his Travelling Cacher GeoPatch as well as Joel (RugbyBoy) who is a walking, talking travel bug himself - what a good idea! It became obvious whilst we were there that these meetings are used to log TB's in and out and sometimes exchange geocoins.

I was only a little disappointed that Lolly of LollyBob and Cashley fame wasn't present as I, along with quite a few others, was proudly wearing one of her excellent tee-shirts complete with embroidered NWC logo.

Anyway, it was really great to put faces to so many geocaching names - I'm sure we'll be able to visualise them as we read their logs in future. We're really looking forward to meeting up again and talking to some more fellow nutcases -when's the next one?


Thanks to Mike organising the whole event and for taking the piccies. You can click on them to make them full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment