Sunday 21 March 2010

CRAIGS CACHE - GC1ABWW

After just doing 'Keaw Yed 1' I decided to use GCzII on my new Windows phone to check where the nearest cache was and it came up with this one. So I got back in the car and drove down to Westhoughton Golf Club, parking just outside the main gates. Memory Map showed me that there was a public footpath running through the golf course, and that the cache was somewhere on it.

When I got to GZ I found the cache right away, mainly due to the previous log suggesting a better hint than the one actually given. I signed the log and set off back to the car, and then I nearly had a heart attack - where was my new phone? I had it when I got to GZ but now I'd lost it. I sprinted back to GZ and to my relief found it on the floor right in front of the cache - phew! that could really have spoilt my day/week/month/year if I'd lost it - it cost me an arm and a leg. Happy again, I returned to the car ready for the next cache of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment