Sunday 14 March 2010

T'other Dover-Towpath Trail - GCX9Y0

This was to be the second of the day for me and sarahjones65. We'd parked a little further up and over Abram bridge to walk back along the path to this location in order to do 'mtnest' a little further down the canal. So we looked for this cache on our return to the car.

A old fisherman was very inconveniently fishing on the canal bank right in front of the Dover Lock Inn, and he occasionally glanced round to see why we were hanging around in this area. So I went over to talk to him and draw his attention away from Sarah who was scrabbling around in the ivy bushes. I asked him where the Dover Locks were and he said they'd long gone, although I'm not actually sure he knew. I did see some large planks of wood on the banks and slots on either side of the canal where the wood could be slotted in to hold back the water if necessary - were these the Dover Locks?
Anyway, my distraction technique worked and soon Sarah had found the cache cunningly hidden as indicated in the clue. We signed the log and set off over the bridge for the next cache of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment