Sunday 21 March 2010

WESTHOUGHTON OVAL - GC1YDP2

I'd been meaning to do this cache for ages - I'd had one aborted attempt when I took the GPSr directions too literally and couldn't get there from a housing estate because I was blocked by the railway line. Unitil today, I still couldn't make up my mind how best to get there but after consulting GCzII, Google Maps and Memory Map, I decided to cross the railway line on a bridge with a public footpath a little further up the line. This led to a long muddy path down between the railway line and the cricket ground perimeter fence. The metal fence was painted green and so, with the hint in mind, things were looking good. The cricket ground looked spectacular in the sunshine today - a wonderful green open space in amongst the houses. The new clubhouse looked good too.

When I got to GZ there was a group of youngsters playing rugby on the adjacent field with their coach and parents in close attention. This time I wasn't bothered, I just went for it - so what if they see me? After a few minutes I'd found the magnetic nano - I do love this type of container but hate getting the log out and writing on the thin strip of paper inside. Even worse is trying to get it back inside, although this time it went it very easily. I think the trick is not using too much paper. Anyway, I was really pleased to find this one at last and I was very impressed by the new cricket ground.

The old and the new!

No comments:

Post a Comment