Sunday 28 March 2010

TOM'S CACHE - GC1ABWV

Sarah and I came to this cache from those in Borsdane Wood. I'd already done some caches near the golf course earlier in the month but had run out of time to get this one. So in a completing a very pleasant circular route back to the car, we decided to go for this one (and another).

I was quite surprised to see the lambs in the fields as we walked along the footpath - I always thought April was the lambing season. Anyway, there they were looking all cute and cuddly. We had to walk through a farm yard with beautiful horses in a stable and later realised this was a riding stables. As is common in places like this, there was a big dog barking which always makes me quite nervous, but it was thankfully on a very short chain.

As we approached ground zero we could see part of a grey brick railway bridge over a disused line - this seemed to be a good place to start looking. Within a few minutes we'd found the cache and Sarah signed the log whilst I took a few (more) photos. I scouted on up the path and could see Westhoughton Golf Course to the right, the church steeple in the town centre and Winter Hill in the distance. It was a very nice place and surprisingly rural and remote from the nearby towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment