Sunday 21 March 2010

SLEEPING_CACHE.. - GC1M39G

I came here from the cache at Westhoughton Station. I'd been close to this location last Friday before work when I did 'Power Cache', but that day I decided the path was too muddy for me to look for this cache in my work clothes.

I parked a little further up Slack Lane than last time and found a clearly worn footpath through some scrubland heading towards GZ. The birds were singing and the sun was starting to shine - together with a couple of horses in the nearby field, it was a pleasant little oasis of wildlife in an otherwise industrial area. The path lead to a narrow pathway bordered by a steel fence on one side and wooden fence (made from railway sleepers?) on the other. I looked in several likely places before finding the right one. The container was a little damp inside, but I managed to sign the log and walk happily back to the car listening the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment