Saturday 20 March 2010

Going Nuts In Bamfurlong - GC11B98

I've been meaning to do this one for ages and just not got round to it. Today, Sarah was out at a Mardi Gras party in Newcastle, Rob was out doing Duke of Edinburgh stuff and Cathy was out with Elaine looking a two kittens we might be adopting soon. So that left me to do what I wanted and this is what I chose.

I came to this location from Really Sidetracked in Bickershaw, which is basically just around the corner. After parking on the edge of a nearby housing estate, I approached GZ in a roundabout way, first walking under the bridge and then up the steps to the top. There were a few huggies (muggles with hoodies) concealing themselves under the bridge and seemingly partaking in something dubious, so I briskly walked past.

Then at GZ I had to 'hang around' whilst I made sure they were not going to suddenly appear. Whilst doing this I noted lots of possible places that the cache could be hidden, all being relevant to the cache title and hint. Finally the huggies reappeared on the far side of the bridge and headed off to a bus stop further down the road. I quickly started looking in the possible hiding places.

After three or four no shows, I found it - what an absolutely brilliant container - you could make money out of this Bob. The log itself was a different matter - it looks like it's been replaced and now seems to be made of greaseproof paper - I couldn't get anything to write on it for ages. Finally I did manage to make my mark in green biro one painful letter at a time. Anyway, the job was done and so I happily headed off up the towpath to do the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment