Saturday 20 March 2010

OnMeTod-Towpath Trail - GC14HTK

Memo to self: read the logs, Read The Logs, READ THE LOGS !!!

If I'd read the logs and realised how long it was since this one had been found and that the esteemed Muttoneer hadn't been able to find it recently, I probably wouldn't have bothered looking for it today. I did spend 10 minutes having a good look round what seemed to be the best place for a cache without success. When the mossy tree bark started crumbling in my hands, I decided to stop so as not to do any more damage to an interesting location. It was only then that I read the logs (see above) using GCzII on my new Windows phone.
Fortunately all was not lost - I had had success a little further up the towpath. Furthermore, this looks like a great walk along the canal to the Wigan Flashes and having been here today I'll definitely be coming back this way soon. I just hope that Lollybob can confirm that the cache still there, or replace it if has gone missing. Either way, in the words of big Arnie, I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment