Monday 25 October 2010

Blackleach Country Park - 2 - GCFZ0G

After the previous two new finds I decided to pick up the remaining three caches here which I'd missed being released over the last couple of days.  It was quite light by now as I walked down the path to the reservoir.

The reservoir came into view as I walked up the bank from the path - it was stunning.  There was a mist over the water and a slight haze blurred the church in the distance - it could have been a watercolour painting.  The ducks, geese and swans added to the effect making a scene that would have graced any Christmas card.

I just stood for a while and took it all in - it looks like it could be a good place to come to for birdwatching, but that's another hobby and blog.  As I walked along the bank I could soon see somewhere which looked interesting form a caching point of view, and sure enough, that's where the GPSr was pointing. After a quick look at the hint I went down the steps and had the cache in hand shortly afterwards.

Blackleach Country Park really is a great place and one I've never been to before, so thanks for making me get up on frosty but sunny Monday morning and seeing it in all it's autumnal glory - I could have stayed in bed as I'm on holiday, but I'm so glad I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment