Friday 8 October 2010

This Daughter Likes To Live In The Fast Lane - GC29RE

I parked in the layby outside St. Mark's Church a little further up the road as the car park here is now a 'Pay and Display' type when it used to be free. I hate paying for parking especially when I'm not going to be very long, but I also don't like risking getting caught without paying - so I'd rather walk a little further.


At first I set off on the wrong side of the canal and so I had to retrace my steps to get over it and on to the right side. I took a few pictures of the arched road bridge over the canal and the derrick which I think is used to lift the wooden gate into the canal when it needs draining. Once on the correct path I made for the motorway bridges and had no difficulty in finding the cache.

A great historic location with lots of interesting things to see, even if you're not caching.

No comments:

Post a Comment