Saturday 9 October 2010

Loop-line Cache - GC24VHK

 After ending up caching in the dark last night, I decided to revisit this area in the light today to clean up the remaining caches. I parked next to the church in Monton Green and soon discovered the footpath along the old railway line. I've been on the other end of this path in Worsley, but never here before - they've made a really good job of it and I, like many others, didn't even know it was here. I'll probably come back for a bike ride along it's full length sometime as it's nice and flat.

It soon became evident that I was walking along a raised embankment with quite steep sides and, as I knew iI needed to scramble to the bottom, I began to fear the worse. Some of the place were very steep indeed - was it going to be tricky for a fat old bloke to get down?

As I approached GZ I quickly spotted the fallen tree and I breathed a sigh of relief to find that it was on the slightly less steep side facing the golf course. There were a few trees which aided my slip down to the cache but I'm afraid I left a few muddy skid marks which the next cachers may see if they come soon. Fortunately I didn't sit down or fall on my backside as I would have got pretty muddy doing this.
Once at GZ I managed to find the cache fairly quickly, although I was always standing on a slope or soft ground and I nearly toppled once or twice. A great place and I enjoyed the challenge of getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment