Monday 25 October 2010

Blackleach Country Park - 3 - GC2FZ0W

This was to be the fifth and final cache of the day.  By now there was quite a contrast between the sunny and shaded sides of the reservoir as can be seen from these two pictures.

As I walked away from the reservoir a small wall apeared with a bench on one side. After I've completed this cache , I'll sit and log my FTF's there using my phone there I thought.  But when I sat down on it was covered in frost and freezing cold, so I got up sharpish.

The cache was a cunning hide and could be easily missed - in fact I did at first and I only found it on my second inspection.  I knew it had to be there I just couldn't see it at first.

Blackleach Country Park really is a great place and one I've never been to before, so thanks for making me get up on frosty but sunny Monday morning and seeing it in all it's autumnal glory - I could have stayed in bed as I'm on holiday, but I'm so glad I didn't.

Mission accomplished with five caches under my belt including two FTF's, I skipped happily back to the car and breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment