Tuesday 5 October 2010

Farnworth Park - Monument - GC2E2RC

This was my second find in Farnworth Park tonight after visiting the buzzy bees at the previous location. The light was fading quickly as I walked up the splendid tree-lined avenue between the two monuments in the park towards the steps at one end. I could soon see the black metal railings around the monument to Thomas Barnes (I have a work colleague called the same name) and so, knowing the type of container mentioned in the hint, I already had some idea of where it would be.

That said, it still took me longer than I expected to find it, which I eventually did (obviously!). I then struggled to find somewhere to lean on to write in the tiny strip log and my fat fumbling fingers found it difficult to roll it up and get it back into the cache container. Phew, I did it!

A good hide in an interesting place.

No comments:

Post a Comment