Monday 25 October 2010

Blackleach Country Park - 5 - GCFZ15

Having been FTF at the previous cache, I walked optimistically to this one as if I knew where I was going. Obviously I didn't and after a good start along the main footpath I took a minor footpath (it was signposted) into a vegetated area. This made hard work of getting to GZ because of the wet, muddy ground and tree branches.

When I eventually did surface again I noticed that the original path I'd been on had turned a corner and would have been much easier to follow than the one I chose.  It had got much lighter by now but it was still cold - however that didn't seem to deter the frequent joggers and dog walkers who were starting to appear quite frequently on the path in front of the cache location.

Using the hint I found the cache quite easily (in between the muggles passing by) and I was very happy to see that it was another FTF for me today.  I signed the log and took a little plastic Stegasuarus dinosaur souvenir - I don't know why but I've started to collect dinosaurs from caches, so when there's one present in a cache I just have to take it.

After doing the admin I took a few photos and then headed off for the reservoir.  Things were looking good.

The cache was originally logged on www.geocaching.com with this message from my phone whilst out in the field.

'Yay - My 2nd FTF of the day.
Checkout my blog for more details later.'

No comments:

Post a Comment