Friday 8 October 2010

Into the wood - 3 of 4 - GC29VPF

Well this was definitely going to be the fourth and last cache of the day, as it was very dark when I entered the Woods tonight. There were still a few people out walking dogs as it was only 7pm, but I knew finding a cache was going to be difficult without a torch. I know the area as I've done other caches in the vicinity and I've been past the lovely old house before. Tonight it looked even more fabulous in the fading light as I could see into the front room which was filled with books and old wooden furniture - it could easily be Albus Dumbledore's country cottage!
I carried on further 'into the wood' and my GPSr beeped for being at ground zero - then I just had to start looking. Well actually more feeling then looking as I really couldn't see that much. I tried several areas without luck and was about to give up defeated by the dark when I decided to widen my search and have one last try. Eureka! I put my hand into a smelly patch of water and out came the cache and few sticks. Fortunately the contents were dry and so I signed the log by the light of my phone.
A great place and one I'm sure I'll return to in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment