Sunday 10 October 2010

Monton Lighthouse - GC2FWXV

Well I might not have been the FTF daggnabbit, but I'll sure as hello be the first to log it! I'm also claiming a moral FTF as I was in this exact location caching yesterday and so I would have found it then if I'd known it had been published.
It's a shame that the lighthouse is no longer clearly visible from the road as it used to be before the Medical Centre next door was built.  I couldn't see a way of getting up close either - is it possible?

The cache location isn't actually near the lighthouse, this is just the first stage in a two part puzzle.  After finding the cunningly hidden container, I entered the second set of coordinates into my GPSr and saw that it was about half a mile away.  So I decided to go back to the car and drive to it, as I had other stuff to do today.

Fortunately the second location was just down the road in a rather odd little place near a pub - I'm not sure whether it still serves or not as it seemed a little derelict.  I found the cache container quickly in a place I'm not sure will last long, unless the owner lives in the pub.  And in spite of not being FTF I left the 'Artificial Horizon' travel bug I was hoping to swap anyway - well it is 101010 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment