Friday 15 October 2010

My Final Jabberwocky Series Cache

Great News! The final cache in my Jabberwocky cache has been found again - the first time this year!  It's only been found five times since I placed it at Easter in 2009.  I've been meaning to do maintenance checks on all the other caches that lead to this final puzzle cache location but had not got round to it yet. I'd almost given up hope that anyone would ever find it again.

Here's what Gordianus (the finder) had to say about it in his log:
"FTF this year- incredible. I'd got most of the caches more than a year ago, and then lost the strips of paper. I found them last week after clearing out my car (I know I should do it more often). The only one I was short of was the Frumious Bandersnatch. However I discovered that I had enough info to make an informed guess as to the missing number. I put the coords in and the spot looked more than likely. Managed to call late in the afternoon. Parked up, a short 300+ft walk and voila!!. There it was. Happy days.
The cache is in very good condition. Photo to follow. By the way the pencil needs sharpening, and I had nothing with me to do it. Signed with my pen. Many thanks for an interesting series. It was great to re read the poem again."
 Well done Gordianus, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Here's a link to another cache in the series for anyone who may be interested in doing it.  You'll need to find out how many others there are by investigating the Tyldesley area yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Again many thanks to Geekteacher for his caches. I've got to say that this blogsite is also great. My (non caching) colleagues were really impressed.

    keep on searching......... martin (Gordianus)

    ReplyDelete